Fall is my favorite season...just because of stronger make-up, sweaters, cozy jackets and drinking tea. I also love colorful leaves, eating chestnuts and other fall fruits & nuts.
Anyways, as I mention above, I like to experiment with darker colors on eyes, cheeks and lips. I tend to use a bit more coverage than usually and try to cover up some of my freckles (which is only possible in fall and winter).
Here are my picks for the fall!
I picked up 3 shades, which I wore and will wear mostly through these months.
- A light purple-pink color for baby doll cheeks - Essence Cute as hell blush (LE)
This one is really pigmented...I need only a swipe on my light skin. It looks a bit more warmer, once it's blended into the cheeks but still gives the illusion of being ''out and about''.
- A neutral-rose color for neutral cheeks - MAC Tenderling blush
Neutral colors can go together with any smokey, colorful look on the eyes. It's a lovely mix of nude shades and bronze.
- A peachy shade for warm cheeks- Alverde 01 Apricot
Peach shades compliment yellow-toned skintones and make your face look a bit more alive and warm.
|Above to below: Essence, Mac Tenderling, Alverde|
In autumn I like to wear rich browns, greens ( I usually skip in other seasons), greys and dark/light purples. The Urban Decay Naked palette is perfect to create some of the smokey looks but I'm guessing you're all sick of it. So I found some other colors in my stash, which can be perfect for a fall touch on the eyes.
- Wet n wild palette- Cool as a cucumber with really dark forest green and plum purple.
Their shadows are really pigmented and easy to work with. Not to mention a low price for a good value.
- Catrice eyeshadow in Yes, you tan (from Bohemia range) in a really rich chocolate color with glitters (which doesn't show up on the skin btw).
Similar colors from their regular range are My first copperware party (which is almost the same as MAC Satin taupe but a bit more warm) and Go,Charlie Brown (dark matte brown) .
- Barry M Dazzle dust in 88 is a mid-purple color with colorful particles.
It's a bit difficult to work with pigments and loose eyeshadows, but these Dazzle dusts are really something special in person.
Lipstick colors go from dark vampire-a-like purple colors to more subtle mauve colors.
- Catrice Ultimate colour in 160( Tell me a Berry-tale)
- Barry M in 73 (Mulberry)
- Maybelline in 173( Windsor rose)
- Rimmel Lasting finish in 070(Airy fairy)
- NYX Round lipstick in Tea rose
- Revlon Matte lipstick in 003 (Mauve it over)
And last but not least..the lipgloss: Essence Stay with me in Berry me
|In the same order as above (L to R)|
|L to R: Catrice 160, Barry M 73, Maybeline 173, Rimmel 070, NYX Tea rose, Revlon 003, Essence lipgloss Berry me|
I love fruity and sweet scents like Escada has but sometimes I like to experiment with oriental scents. Fall is perfect timing to try out spicy and sweet scents.
- Paco Rabanne Black XS: This one definitely smells a bit more woody with vanilla and some flower scents. I'm not really good at describing scents, so here are notes in the perfume.
Top notes: Cranberry, Pink pepper
Middle notes: Cocoa, Black violet, Rose
Base notes: Patchouli, Massoia wood
- Eau de Soap & Glory Perfume spray: I'm not entirely sure about this one, it's not my favorite but I do wear it in this time of year. Smells like a traditional soap with wood,vanilla and oriental flowers. Reminds me on Lush's Sex bomb or the Joy of jelly.
It claims that the smell is the same as the Mist you madly from their mist range,but I do prefer Girligo scent.
As for the nails...lately I've been enjoying the combination of dark colors and chain stickers. On the picture is Manhattan Spice up your nails 610K and the sticker chains from the same collection.